Mission and Vision
Our mission is to empower pre-school through 12th grade students to become global citizens with the critical thinking skills and the self-confidence to maximize their potential.
The American School of Barcelona seeks to continuously improve through innovation. Our aim is to be recognized as the leading international school in Europe, empowering students to lead with integrity, to open minds, and to transform the world.
- is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)
- is recognized in Spain as a Centro Extranjero (foreign school) by the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Spanish Ministry of Education
- receives a grant from the US Department of State's Office of Overseas Schools
- belongs to the Mediterranean Association of International Schools (MAIS) and European Council of International Schools(ECIS) regional associations
- participates in the European Sports Conference (ESC), a regional sports league made up of schools from around the region
- leads the Barcelona International School Association (BISA) and has close ties with other international schools in Spain.
ASB Core values
Caring, Student-centered, Innovative, Rigorous, Resilient.
- Continuously improve through innovation.
- Create responsible global citizens.
- Develop independent and critical thinking students.
- Provide a caring environment that gives students the self-confidence to maximize their potential.
- Educate for diversity.