The American School of Barcelona recruits the best teachers from the United States, Spain and around the world to lead a world-class international education. Our faculty are excellent professionals who seek to encourage critical thinking while developing students' maximum potential and community engagement.
ASB RECRUITING PRINCIPLES:
ASB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks, to the maximum extent permitted by law, will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
ASB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin in the administration of its recruiting and educational policies.
Working at ASB
ASB is committed to the professional development of all its employees and offers educators a rich professional experience for continuous growth and improvement. We are looking for collaborative, highly-qualified, and committed educators to work with us in an American-based education.
Qualifications we value:
- Candidates who have 5+ years teaching experience (preferably in international schools).
- Master’s degree and proven ongoing professional development.
- Excellent computer skills and integration of technology into the curriculum.
- American or IB curriculum experience.
Attributes we value:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative skills and team-focused.
- Passionate about the academic and personal development of the students.
- Capable of working with parents as partners.
- Motivated by our beliefs.