Day and Overnight Trips
At ASB, students have many opportunities to go on one-day field trips. These trips are always connected to the curriculum, whether it be the arts, social studies, or science and the environment.
In the ECC and Elementary school, students go on an average of three field trips a year. Some of the destinations, depending on the grade, are:
Secondary students also go on some one-day field trips, depending on the grade level and courses they are taking. These include:
The Catalan Parliament
Catalunya History Museum
Various historic neighborhoods in Barcelona
Various theater performances
In addition to one-day excursions, ASB students have many opportunities to go on extended overnight trips, some of which take them to other countries. These trips provide students with invaluable life experience and lifelong memories. The trips are led by fully-qualified ASB faculty and, like our field trips, are designed with ASB’s curricular goals in mind.
- Students from PK3 to third grade have the opportunity to enjoy our three-day winter camp near Barcelona;
- Students in grades 4th through 12th can participate in our annual ski week in the Pyrenees;
- Students in grade 5th travel to the Pyrenees in June for a few days of outdoor activities before they leave the elementary school;
- Eleventh grade students participate in the overnight “Clean, Camp, Climb” trip in which they clean a beach on the Costa Brava and participate in a series of team building activities;
- Our IB Visual Arts program includes trips to cities like Madrid and Paris to take advantage of the art opportunities there.
- Students in grades 9th to12th can participate in the Camino de Santiago trip. A really interesting team building activity. Despite being eminently a pilgrimage, the Camino de Santiago is a journey that every student wants to take in their life experience and allows a cultural exchange between tourists from all over the world.